Industry executives from across the healthcare ecosystem, including payers, providers, pharmaceutical, health systems, technology, government agencies, device manufacturers and specialty pharmacy, gathered in Washington, D.C., for the 9th annual Inovalon Client Congress, October 1 – 3.
Some of the nation’s most formidable leaders provided insight into the evolving regulatory landscape and innovative technologies and best practices that empower the achievement of value and outcomes efficiency, as well as real-world effective strategies that drive meaningful impact.
Dr. Keith Dunleavy, Inovalon’s CEO, opened this year’s event discussing the importance of giving data a voice and how leveraging these insights drives meaningful improvements in quality outcomes, enabling not only more detailed, patient-specific understanding and predictability of outcomes, but also the ability to implement large-scale operationalization platforms that allow the promise of what has been undertaken previously only in small-scale pilots and academic research projects now to be delivered on nation-scale with predictability of outcomes across entire populations.
Building on these themes, esteemed keynote speakers offered thought-provoking addresses, touching on the programs and perspectives shaping the industry. Speakers included:
- Allyson Y. Schwartz, President and CEO of the Better Medicare Alliance
- Thomas Moriarty, Executive Vice President, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer and General Counsel at CVS Health
- Farzad Mostashari, M.D., Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Aledade, Inc. and former National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Derek Rapp, President and Chief Executive Officer, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Daniel Mendelson, President, Avalere
- Rob Califf, M.D., former U.S. Food and Drug Administration Commissioner; Vice Chancellor, Health Data Science at Duke University; and Advisor for Verily [formerly Google Life Sciences]
- Shantanu Agrawal, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Quality Forum
- Susan Dentzer, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Network for Excellence in Health Innovation served as moderator
Client Congress offers big picture, strategic insights, along with real-world, applications necessary to navigate the healthcare continuum including:
- How data-driven platforms and patient-specific analytic insights drive meaningful impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization efficiency and financial performance for payers, providers, ACOs, pharma/life sciences, device manufacturers and patients.
- Strategies and best practices from payers and pharma/life sciences manufacturers leveraging outcomes-based models to support the achievement of the triple aim.
- Real-world applications of healthcare consumerism, the evolution of benefit design and future improvement opportunities, as well as how they impact patient behavior, outcomes and performance.
To all those who participated in Client Congress 2017, thank you for joining the discussion. We look forward to seeing you next year in Washington, D.C, September 30 – October 2, for the 10th annual Client Congress.